Monday, February 23, 2009

Winter or Spring?

This last weekend remided me of why it is so wonderful to live in Utah. The weather was beautiful over the weekend. On Saturday we took down the rest of the outside Christmas lights because the snow finally melted off the roof, it was warm, sunny and an absolutely beautiful day. On Sunday we took the kids skiing at Sundance. They had a wonderful time. It amazes me how quickly kids grasp new concepts. They had been skiing once before, but Mitchell was sick that day and actually didn't ski at all, so he was a day behind JoLyn. I've confirmed the fact that I'm not a natural snow skiier. Mitchell went a little slower so he and I stayed together most of the day. JoLyn kept wanting to go faster, so Boyd stayed with her. At the end of the day we all got back together and I couldn't believe the difference in them. I tried to ski with JoLyn because I hadn't been with her most of the day and I physically couldn't keep up with her. She went flying down the mountain and dusted me. She seems to have enough control to stop and turn when she needs to, but otherwise she just flies straight down. Mitchell on the other hand was a little more awkward, almost doing the splits while snowplowing down the mountain. He started to get enought speed towards the end of the day, so I didn't feel like I was always waiting. I couldn't go much fast than him anyway, so we made good pair. Boyd is always waiting for me at the bottom of the hill and he said with JoLyn he could ski like he is used to. Anyway, I kept forgetting my camera in the truck and didn't take any pictures, but I hope to take them skiing one more time this year. They kept talking about how much fun they had, which is the important part anyway. This time of year is wonderful in Northern Utah, skiing in the mountains and warm in the valleys.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Nice! I haven't been skiing in a few years but last time we went it was fun. If Merril boards, I have to be on skiis to keep up. If he decides to rent skiis, I do a teensy bit better than him. If I rent a board, I spend the day on my bum.

Anonymous said...

Aren't you loving this weather!! BRing on SPRING!!!! I would luv to see your little kid racing down the hill, it scares me a bit!

JESSICA AND LUCAS NELSON said...

Hey!! Your bathroom looks great!!! That is so exciting, I bet it is nice for the kids. Hopefully we will see you soon!!